Thursday, March 26, 2009

Follow the Advice of the Song....

You know, there are far too many critics out there that depise country music. They claim the music is just good for losing your dog, truck and girlfriend. I disagree.

Most days, I gain strength from the inspirational messages found in some country songs. I can hum, Angels Among us by Alabama when I need a little reassurance. Another song, Some of God's Greastest Gifts Are Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks reminds me that a Creator is in control, and I should trust in Him to give me of the things I need, WHEN I need them, because He knows best.

However, lately, a song by Lady Antebellum has resonated with my soul, called I Run. This song describes the importance of relying on one another during difficult and stressful times. Although "this world keeps spinning faster, towards a new disaster" all I have to do is I run to you. Who is you? My family and friends. All I have to do is ask for help and then RUN.

No comments: