Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Forca

Forca means Strength.

Everytime I start a new school year I am amazed at the extra force I am given from above. Yesterday, I spent more than 14 hours on campus doing everything from school assignments to a planned public relations campaign for our college of agriculture week. Today, I spent seven hours in front of a computer screen writing a research analysis and preparing a law presentation.

What amazes me the most about these past few days is the added strength I have felt. It's during these miraculous times that I think of the scripture that reads, "my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me."

In my bible dicitionary grace is defined as, "the divine means of help or strength." I love how Elder David A. Bednar divines the enabling power of atonement through the grace of our Savior Jesus Christ:

"The enabling and strengthening aspect of the Atonement helps us to see and to do and to become good in ways that we could never recognize or accomplish with our limited mortal capacity," he said.

In my language that means if I continue working my hardest each day, I Heavenly Father will reach down and give me those skills and attributes I desperately need. I know as long as I am trying hardest, He will do the rest.

So when Heavenly Father asks me to pull just like this horse, I just simply thrust with all my might and say, how Far?

1 comment:

That Girl said...

It reminds me of when Steve was re-taking the GMAT ... I had NEVER seen him be able to study so much. I saw his capacity quadruple right before my eyes. And he practically aced it.

Every sleepover I have with the YW I always pray to be able to stay up with them all night. Cuz THAT'S when you do to the real bonding. But now that I'm an old married fud I usually pass out by 10:30. But with the Lord's help (and there's no doubt that it's Him), I can party all night and be fine. Just another tender mercy which might seem silly to someone else, but means the world to me.

He really does qualify us, huh?