Monday, May 17, 2010

A First for Everything....

I have a small cermanic sign displayed on my desk that reads:

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.

I love how it reminds me to do the right thing every day, especially when no one is watching.

However, tonight I had different experience. I decided to attend a popular movie with some friends. The movie sounded great, but within the first 15 minutes there was enough violence to cover both World Wars. I got sick to my stomach and covered my eyes. Then I did something I never have done before: I got up and walked out.

You know I have always wondered what feeling one would get after walking out of a no-good movie. I always thought I would feel embarassed, or wonder what my friends were thinking. Instead I felt the exact opposite: I felt incredible. As soon as I left the theatre, a sweet feeling of love and gratitude swept me up.

And I remembered, sometimes integrity to the Lord is doing the right thing when everyone is watching.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Go Tamra! A great reminder that we are blessed when we do what is right, even if we think it may be un-popular or embarrassing.